Our Privacy Notice (the “Notice”) describes the information we collect from and about you during your visit of our online interfaces (including websites, mobile applications, social media, or other digital channels) and during your visit of our retail establishments (collectively, the “Visits”). It also describes how we use information about you, and with whom we share it.
The terms “we,” “our,” and “us” in this Notice refer to Sail Away, LLC (“Sail Away Wine”). It’s important to know that our websites may contain links to third party sites not controlled by Sail Away Wine or covered by this Notice. We recommend that you check the privacy statements of other sites you visit before providing any personal information.
Personal Information We Collect
We collect personal information about you from the information you provide to us during a Visit. The personal information we collect will depend on the Visit. This information includes:
- Phone numbers (including mobile)
- Email address
- Date of birth
- Payment information such as payment card details, financial account information and billing address
- Names, postal addresses, e-mail addresses and telephone numbers of others to whom you ask us to send information
- Username and password to access Sail Away Wine products and services online
- Order and reservation history
- Records and copies of correspondence
- Responses to surveys
- Details of the use of our website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources accessed and used
- Computer and internet connection, including IP address, operating system, and browser type
- Geolocation of computer or mobile device
- Mobile carrier and/or Internet Service Provider
- Other personal information you may provide to us
We use personal information collected for various functions, which may include:
- Create and manage your account
- Offer and provide products and services to you
- Process and collect payments for goods and services
- Communicate about, and administer your participation in, special events, programs, rewards, surveys, contests, sweepstakes, and other offers or promotions
- Send information to others if you ask us to do so
- Respond to and communicate with you about your requests, concerns, questions, and comments
- Operate, evaluate, and improve our business
- Perform data analyses
- Protect against, identify, and prevent fraud and other criminal activity, claims and other liabilities
- Comply with and enforce applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards and our policies. For example, we may use the information you provide when you complete an online order, transaction, or reservation. When you sign up with our rewards club and provide us with your contact information, we may also use that information to contact you with news and special offers.
To the extent permitted by applicable law and with your consent where required, we also use information collected through automated means for purposes such as customizing our users’ Visits, delivering content (including advertising) tailored to our users’ interests and the way our users Visit, and managing our Visits and other aspects of our business. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we also may use this information to provide you with ads about our products when you browse this and other websites.
How Personal Information Is Shared
We may share your personal information with service providers, vendors or third parties who, as permitted by law:
- Provide services to us, such as fulfilling orders, facilitating reservations, providing data processing and other information technology services, managing promotions, managing any rewards programs, surveys, contests, prize draws and sweepstakes, conducting research and analysis, and personalizing individual Sail Away Wine customer experiences
- Perform services on our behalf to provide the products or services you have requested, to process transactions, complete reservations, enter contests and sweepstakes, engage with you on social platforms, market to you, track rewards, conduct surveys, or facilitate requests to send you communications.
- Conduct analysis, engage in customer research, benchmarking, and to improve our products or services
We do not allow these third parties to use this information or to share it for any purpose other than as allowed by law or to provide services on our behalf or on an aggregated basis for statistical, benchmarking, or other analytical services.
We may, for strategic or other business reasons, decide to sell or transfer all or part of our business. As part of that sale or transfer, we may pass information we have collected and stored, including personal information, to anyone involved in the sale or transfer.
Compliance With Laws
We may disclose your Personal Information and other information to third parties, including governmental authorities, to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or enforceable governmental request, or if we believe in good faith that such disclosure is necessary to protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Sail Away Wine, our customers, or the public as required or permitted by law (especially in emergency situations).
Information collected via Cookies
We use a variety of technologies, including cookies, to collect information about your online/mobile activity during a Visit. Cookies are small text files that a website server stores on your computer or device. They’re typically used to remember your account login preferences, monitor website traffic, provide customer support like live chat and help us better customize our site for your individual preferences.
You can disable cookies by making the appropriate selection from your browser options to inform you when cookies are set or to prevent cookies from being set. However, if you choose to disable or delete cookies, you may limit the functionality we can provide when you visit our site.
Advertising on Third Party Sites
We advertise on third party websites and mobile apps that are not affiliated with Sail Away Wine.
The third parties we contract with may use device information, particularly in mobile advertising, to help deliver our ads and measure ad campaign effectiveness. Sail Away Wine and the companies we work with may collect certain information, including geolocation, when you visit one of our sites or see our ads. Compiling and comparing this information may create a unique ID for individual devices and may be “matched” to the same information on other sites or mobile applications. Companies we work with are may also be able to associate related devices into households based on common characteristics, such as IP addresses.
“Do Not Track” Signals
We do not respond to a web browser’s “Do Not Track” signals. To prevent us or third parties from tracking, you can access your browser settings and disable or delete your cookies.
Changing or Updating Your Personal Information
If you have questions about personal information you provided during a Visit, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Personal Information About Children Under the Age of 21
We do not knowingly collect or maintain personal information about children under the age of 21. Our websites are not intended for children under 21. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 21, please contact us at email@example.com.
Notice to California and Nevada Residents
We do not operate in the states of California or Nevada. We do not knowingly collect or maintain personal information about residents of California or Nevada. Our websites are not intended for residents of California or Nevada. If you believe we might have any information from or about a resident of California or Nevada, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Public Forums Available on Our Sites and Social Media
Public forums may be available on our website and may include text, photographs and videos or other file formats that are accessible to the public. Unless we tell you otherwise, any information you disclose in these areas may become public information.
Changes to this Notice
This Notice is effective January 1, 2022. Sail Away Wine reserves the right in its sole discretion to change, modify, add, or remove any portion of this Notice, in whole or in part, at any time, by posting revised terms on www.sailawaywine.com. There is no duty on Sail Away Wine to send you additional methods of notice of changes. It is your responsibility to check periodically for any changes we make to this Notice. Your continued Visits shall be deemed your acceptance of any modified terms.